- Food industry veterans Bret Schultz, Judd Rosenberg rejoin forces at Cold Chain 3PL alongside cofounder Jamie Moriarty
- Schultz has been named CEO
- As part of Cold Chain 3PL’s expansion, three new warehouses have been added to their real estate portfolio— specifically in Wheeling, IL, Maryland, and California
WHEELING, IL — This week, Cold Chain 3PL, the leading customized cold chain logistics solutions company for eCommerce brands, announced the hiring of their new CEO, Bret Schultz. This key hire represents Cold Chain 3PL’s strategic market expansion in the third-party logistics industry, nationwide.
Previously, Schultz and Cold Chain 3PL cofounder Judd Rosenberg led the successful scale of Fresh and Ready Foods from $100,000 to $100M and exit after 12 years in business.
- During their tenure at Fresh and Ready Foods, Schultz secured partnerships with leading companies such as Starbucks, Trader Joe’s, Wolfgang Puck, and more.
- Today, Cold Chain 3PL serves brands like Tyson Chicken, Smuckers Uncrustables, Red Baron pizza, and Morey’s Salmon, to name a few.
In a joint statement, Cold Chain 3PL Co-founders Judd Rosenberg and Jamie Moriarty said: “Bret’s extensive track record and experience in leading companies in the pre-packaged industry will further position Cold Chain 3PL as the go-to choice for customized eCommerce brand activations, orders, and on time fulfillment. Schultz’ background responsibility leading companies to their highest and healthiest growth potential will lend not only to Cold Chain 3PL’s clients and customers— but also our team as a whole.”
- Prior to Cold Chain 3PL, Schultz founded Fresh and Ready Foods (formerly known as Food Evolution) where he served as CEO and President.
- After the successful sale of Fresh and Ready Foods to a private equity firm, Schultz became a managing partner and principal investor with PEMM Capital where he shared his insight to support business owners looking to expand their companies.
- Schultz holds a Bachelor’s Degree in Communications from Ohio State University and is a Master Certified Food Executive licensed by the FDA, as well as a Preventive Controls Qualified Individual licensed by the Food Safety Management Advisor.
Rosenberg and Moriarity will continue to lead the company VP of Sales and Chief Operating Officers.
About Cold Chain 3PL
Cold Chain 3PL specializes in the e-commerce fulfillment, storage, and distribution of cold goods throughout the U.S. With 20 years of experience in the industry, Cold Chain 3PL’s dedicated team is committed to providing reliable packing, picking, and shipping services to ensure your business delivers fresh products to your customers.
To learn more about Cold Chain 3PL, visit coldchain3pl.com.
For PR inquiries, contact Tamara Edwards at Tamara@TamaraEdwards.Co.
For business inquiries, contact Judd Rosenberg at firstname.lastname@example.org.